As the fall regular season draws to a close, the NSAA calls upon member schools to host sub-districts, districts, and playoffs for the NSAA. In most activities, the team with the highest seed earns the right to host these events. In other activities, member schools volunteer to host.
The health and safety of students, staff, and local communities remain the priority of the NSAA.
The NSAA is implementing the following requirements for host schools of all NSAA fall sub-district, district, and playoff contests:
- Participants are permitted to wear face coverings during competition, but not required.
- Coaches and non-active participants are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings.
- Spectators are required to wear face coverings at all times while attending indoor events.
- Spectators are required to wear face coverings at all times while attending outdoor events when physical distancing (6ft) is not possible.
- The host school may establish additional requirements in consultation with local health departments. Any additional requirements implemented by the host school must be the same for all teams, officials, and spectators.
All participating schools and spectators are expected to adhere to these requirements.
In addition, to advance in the fall postseason a team/individual must participate in their state qualifying contest(s). If an NSAA member school is unable to participate due to COVID-19, sub-district, district final and state championship contests will not be postponed or canceled.
The NSAA has great appreciation for all its member schools and their tireless efforts to provide opportunities for learning and participation in NSAA activities. Communication, flexibility, and patience will be key in supporting our high school student participants as they pursue an NSAA State Championship this fall.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.