As a result of the Governor’s announcement on May 11, beginning June 1st NSAA member schools are permitted to open weight rooms for voluntary strength and conditioning sessions.
Prioritizing the health and safety of all students and staff must remain the focus of each NSAA member school.
These requirements must be followed when conducting voluntary strength and conditioning sessions:
- Maintain social distance by being 6 feet apart
- Follow gathering guidelines of groups of 10 or less students
- Groups of 10 or less must be pre-determined
- Once groups determined, students may not switch from one group to another
- Interaction between groups shall be avoided
- Sessions can only include weightlifting, running, and exercises designed to promote physical fitness.
- Sport-specific drills are not permitted, and sport-specific equipment may not be used.
- Implement diligent and effective cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched objects and surfaces following the guidance of the CDC
It is the responsibility of each NSAA member school to comply with the above requirements.
Additionally, NSAA member school sponsored camps, clinics and open gyms are prohibited in any sport at this time.
Should the conditions warrant, these requirements will be adjusted.
Any further official updates will be posted on the NSAA website and the NSAA social media platforms.