The Inaugural 2023 NSAA Journalism Adviser Summit will be held Tuesday, July 18th from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the NSAA (500 Charleston St.; Lincoln, NE 68508).
Lunch will be available for $10 per person. Payment for the lunch can be sent to the NSAA office prior to the summit or paid the day of. Cash or school check will be accepted. No personal checks please. Aside from lunch, there is no cost to attend!
There will be many offerings relevant to Nebraska Journalism Advisers!
- We encourage advisers to bring a copy or two of their yearbook, newspaper, or newsmagazine to share with other advisers. There will be a SWAP SHOP set up throughout the day for advisers to peruse. Take advantage of this opportunity to see what other Journalism programs are doing in the state!
- Bring your device! There will be time in the afternoon for adviser’s to earn their JEA Critique Training Certification. This FREE course is the first step toward becoming an NSAA-certified journalism judge!
- We will explore and breakdown the twenty-five different NSAA Journalism categories!
- There will be time to discuss and ask questions about the new NSAA Journalism legislation that will go into effect during the upcoming 2023-2024 school year.
- This is a fantastic way to network with Journalism Advisers from across Nebraska.
Whether you’re a first-year adviser or a seasoned veteran, the NSAA Journalism Adviser Summit is the place to be on July 18th! To sign up, please click HERE!